Victor Stone is the son of Silas and Elinore Stone, two STAR Labs scientists intent on using their research to improve mankind. Silas and Elinore scientific adventures often estranged their son, as they would sometime dedicate more time and toward their work, oppose to him. The two even used their son as a test subject for intelligence-boosting experimentation. While the successful experiment granted Victor a genius-level intellect, he resented his parents for treating him more like a lab subject oppose to a son.
Vic’s resentment caused him to steer away from science and math in high school. Instead, he pursued an interest in athletics, much to his father’s disdain. His life changed profoundly during a visit to STAR Labs to meet up with his parents, who were busy conducting inter-dimensional experiments. The experiment accidentally allowed a protoplasmic creature into the lab. Silas managed to return the creature to its home dimension, but not before it had slain Elinore and severely injured Victor. Desperate to save his son’s life, Silas used untested cybernetic enhancements to rebuild and reconstruct Victor’s body. He succeeded, but didn’t anticipate Victor’s horror and anger at what he had done.
Pre-Flashpoint: Modern Age
The reaction of others to his new form made Vic even more resentful, and he isolated himself from his former life as much as possible by moving to Hell’s Kitchen. It was in this bad neighborhood that Raven found Vic and invited him to join the Teen Titans. After the team formed, Vic found a place where he was accepted and appreciated, despite his inhuman appearance. His father, still feeling guilt over what he made his son go through, constructed the Titan’s Tower for his son and his companions. Victor would remain a steadfast member of the Titans for a long time, serving not only as a hero but as a primary supplemental tech source for the team.
Post-Flashpoint (New 52)
After the events of Flashpoint, DC Comics relaunched their entire comic catalog. In this continuity, Cyborg is now one of the seven founding members of the Justice League (replacing the Martian Manhunter), having never served with Teen Titan. He makes his first appearance in Justice League #1 but not as part of the team. In fact, he’s a high school football player who hasn’t even become “Cyborg” yet. After the Darkseid invasion, Victor was gravely injured and later cybernetically enhanced by his father. Due to the events of Forever Evil, Cyborg gets an upgraded armor that appears to be much slimmer.
|Powers||AdaptiveAgility – Blast Power – Cosmic Awareness – Dimensional Manipulation – Electronic interaction – Energy Absorption – Energy Manipulation – Energy Shield – Enhance Mutation – Flight – Gadgets – Implants – Intellect – Invulnerability – Leadership – Power Suit – Radar Sense – Stamina – Super Hearing – Super Sight – Super Strength – Technopathy – Teleport – Vibration Wave – Weapon Master|
Powers and Abilities
Cyborg possesses cybernetic enhancements that provide superhuman strength, endurance and durability. Cyborg can also interface with computers. Built into his body-armor were an infrared eye, computer generator, sound amplifier, and special programming adapters that allowed him to interface with other body extensions.
Shape-Change: Cyborg has virtually unlimited shape-changing abilities that allow him to mimic road, air or space vehicles and even reshape his entire body or parts of it to form such complex shapes such as a tank.
Superhuman Strength: At optimal capacity, Vic can lift/press in excess of four metric tons. If he pushes himself, he can even exceed five tons, but not without causing severe stress to his cybernetic components. Recently Victor breaks apart Kalibak’s Chaos Cannon used to destroy planets.
Superhuman Speed/Agility: He possesses a degree of superspeed.
- Jump Jets: As his request Dr. Silas Stone installed Jump Jets so that wouldn’t be so dependent of Boom Tubes. Apparently the Jump Jets provides the ability to super-jump across the state lines.
Sensor Systems/superhuman Senses:. Due cybernetic enhancements their five senses were increased to superhuman levels.
- Super hearing
- Microscopic Vision
- X-Ray Vision
- Night Vision
- Target/Tracking Systems
- Physiological/Medical Scanners
Superhuman Stamina: Victor doesn’t need to sleep,eat or drink. Adding the Environmental Mode (that replaced his last lung) no longer has the need to breathe, and can operate in any area that has no oxygen in space or as in underwater.
Superhuman Durability: The nature of Cyborg’s body provides offers protection against physical and energy attacks,being able to withstand the pressures of the deepest parts of the oceans.
Computer Interfacing: Cyborg is connected with all Earth’s computers and satellites including government agencies, secret service (CIA,MI-6…) and even the Batcomputer.
- The Grid: Alongside Batman created a program to prevent himself from being distracted while on duty, because he is constantly bombarded with endless influx data streaming into his system and that program selectively focus on high-priority items and filter out other received data,which helps him to create a complete database of every metahuman/superhuman on Earth.
- Cyberverse/Digitalverse connection
Technopathy: Since is linked with Earth’s computers and satellites Victor can control any type of technology that have connection with the Internet as well control any form of electronic communication,allowing it to manipulate data or rearrange security privileges. Recently demonstrated the ability to hear Brainiac’s drones communicating with each other.
- Technomorphing: He doesn’t just command technology,but is also capable to incorporates them into himself as did with Red Room’s technology and a Motherbox,where did came most of their weapons. Recently their systems suffered serious damage after the explosion of the Watchtower and to repair himself used technology from a escape pod.
Teleportation – Cyborg can use Boom Tubes to transport himself and the League to anywhere n Earth and in the Universe,since is stated Darkseid use it to cross dimensions,however one out of every thousand ‘jumps’ results in transporting himself and whoever is with him to Apokolips. Recently installed a silent mode to not be noticed by others,not even Superman couldn’t note him coming.
Integrated Weapons: He had various types of weapons integrated into his cybernetic parts.
- White Sound Disruptor: The Sound Disruptor or White Noise Canon fires focused sound blasts powerful enough to vaporize a Parademons group,blown up portion of a building and affect spirits. The canon has been able to reach 300 decibels and theorically can exceed this limit.
- Sonic Emmiter: Beyond the sonic cannon also has a sonic emitter that allows to mimic and generate any sounds he desires,may run voices through his systems to make real-time translation and even generate ultrasonic sound attacks.
- Ice Beam
- Energy Cannon/Energy Gun:
- EMP Pulse: It may incapacitate any technology (that’s not shielded against such attack) in a distance of 50 meters away. T.O. Morrow nicknamed it as a Heart Attack.