Amazing Spider-Man and Captain Universe’s Uni-Power
Captain Universe is endowed with the Uni-Power, a sentient energy field that seeks out people in great peril and bonds with them. In another sense, it is every person–it is the potential for heroism that lives in each of us.
When the Uni-Power chooses a partner, it endows that person (or, rarely, persons) with the powers, memories, and costume of Captain Universe. The partner can use the powers of Captain Universe until the peril is surmounted. However, if the partner tries to use those powers for personal gain or for evil, the Uni-Power immediately deserts them.
When a lab accident granted Spider-Man the Uni-Power, his costume was cosmically changed into the Captain Universe outfit by the Uni-Power. This form gave him incredibly enhanced senses, strength, speed, flight, a new costume and limited telekinesis.
All Cosmic Spider-Man posts in order:
- Spidey goes cosmic!
- Cosmic Spider-Man Battles! Cosmic Spider-Man vs. The Trapster (The Spectacular Spider-Man #158)
- Cosmic Spider-Man Battles! The Amazing Spider-Man vs. Titania (Web of Spider-Man #59, 1989)
- Cosmic Spider-Man Battles! The Amazing Spider-Man vs. Magneto (The Amazing Spider-Man #327, 1989)
- Cosmic Spider-Man Battles! The Spectacular Spider-Man vs. The Brothers Grimm (Spectacular Spider-Man #159, 1989)
- Cosmic Spider-Man Battles! Cosmic Spider-Man vs. The Incredible Hulk. (Amazing Spider-Man V1 #328, 1989)
- Cosmic Spider-Man Battles! The Amazing Spider-Man vs. Graviton & The Tri-Sentinel (The Amazing Spider-Man #329, 1990)